Pipeline Performance Measures
Public safety and environmental protection are top priorities for us and our approach is to be proactive. To help with this, we ask that companies report to us on the performance of systems they have in place to protect the public and the environment. We are also committed to continual improvement and to keeping pipelines a safe method of transporting energy.
Our annual report on performance
Every year we release a report with information on pipeline performance measures we gather from companies we regulate. These performance measures are necessary to both effectively manage systems in place and to find ways to improve them. When tracked over time, we can observe trends that help us better assess performance and provide benchmarks for industry.
The measures cover key activities required by the CER for safety management, security, emergency management, integrity management, environmental protection, and damage prevention.
How we use the data
Data gathered helps give us a picture of the operations of companies we regulate. We incorporate findings from the report into the work we do, using them as a guide for how we can better regulate pipeline operations.
What we expect
We require certain companies that own or operate pipelines to annually report on performance measures. Companies are expected to follow the Pipeline Performance Measures Reporting Guidance when reporting performance measures to the CER.
Related documents and guidance
- 2020 Pipeline Performance Measures Reporting Form [EXCEL 656 KB]
- Pipeline Performance Measures Reporting Guidance (amended November 2014)
- Letter on Pipeline Performance Measures Reporting
- Pipeline Performance Measures 2018 Data Report
- Pipeline Performance Measures 2017 Data Report
- Pipeline Performance Measures 2016 Data Report
- Pipeline Performance Measures 2015 Data Report
- Pipeline Performance Measures 2014 Data Report
- Pipeline Performance Measures 2013 Data Report (amended July 2015)
- Date modified: